These guidelines are for authorised resellers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Ledridge Lightings’s (Ledridge) trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of Ledridge Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Ledridge may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of UK laws. Use of Ledridge trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorised.
If you are an Authorised Reseller or member of a Ledridge program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Ledridge trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Ledridge trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Ledridge is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Ledridge’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Ledridge’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Ledridge trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Ledridge trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Ledridge. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Ledridge representative or submit your query to Ledridge.
Authorised Use of Ledridge Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Ledridge and its authorised resellers may use the Ledridge Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorised parties may use the Ledridge Logo only as specified in their agreement with Ledridge and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorised by their contract with Ledridge.
2. Compatibility: Authorised third party manufactures and equiptment distributors may use Ledridge or any other Ledridge word mark (but not the Ledridge Logo or other Ledridge-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Ledridge product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The Ledridge word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The Ledridge word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The Ledridge word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Ledridge product.
e. The reference to Ledridge does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Ledridge or Ledridge products or services.
f. The use does not show Ledridge or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an Ledridge word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
b. The use reflects favorably on both Ledridge and Ledridge products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Ledridge word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The Ledridge logo or any other Ledridge-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Ledridge.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Ledridge, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorised, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Ledridge Lighting Ltd.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Ledridge’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a Ledridge product or technology may use the appropriate Ledridge word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorised Use of Ledridge Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Ledridge, or any other Ledridge trademark, including Ledridge-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Ledridge Logo and Ledridge-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Ledridge Logo or any other Ledridge-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Ledridge, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Ledridge or other variation of the Ledridge logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an Ledridge trademark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Ledridge trademark or any other Ledridge-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Ledridge, or any other Ledridge trademark, including Ledridge-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Ledridge’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Ledridge, or any other Ledridge trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Ledridge.
7. Ledridge’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Ledridge packaging, web site design or logos.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Ledridge slogan or tagline.
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Ledridge trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of Ledridge Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. For a list of suggested generic terms see the Ledridge Trademark List.
4. Always spell and capitalise Ledridge’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Ledridge Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate Ledridge product names. Do not make up names that contain Ledridge trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United Kingdom Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United Kingdom, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, ®) the first time the Ledridge trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the Ledridge Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of Ledridge’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Ledridge Lighting Ltd.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Ledridge Lighting Ltd.
2. Distribution Outside the United Kingdom:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United Kingdom.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Ledridge Lighting Ltd., registered in the U.K. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Ledridge Ltd.
Depictions of Ledridge Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Ledridge does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Ledridge products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Ledridge endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are an authorised reseller or third part manufacture, you may show an image of a Ledridge product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Ledridge product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Ledridge product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Ledridge product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Ledridge before using any photograph owned or licensed by Ledridge).
c. The Ledridge product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Ledridge products and on Ledridge Lighting Ltd.
d. The reference to Ledridge does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Ledridge or Ledridge products.